Flemington & Kensington Community Legal Centre
Independent Investigation of Deaths in Custody
Independent investigation of Deaths in Custody
In 2010, the Flemington & Kensington Community Legal Centre on behalf of the families of Tyler Cassidy and Graeme Jensen made a submission to the OPI's inquiry into the investigation of police involved deaths.
In 2011, the Federation of CLCs, Darebin CLC, Flemington & Kensington CLC and the Human Rights Law Resource Centre made a submission to the OPI's inquiry into the investigation of police involved deaths.
Deaths were police are implicated in Victoria
- Paul Carter - 2006 - left on a highway by Victoria Police members, Mildura
- Tyler Cassidy 2008 - shot by police in Northcote
- Death in police van following o/c spray 21 December 2009 - Dandenong
- Death in police cell 23 December 2009 - Echuca
- Carl Williams 2010 - killed in Barwon Prison, potential links to police